Recipe Traditional Beef Goulash
Goulash originated in Hungary but many Eastern European countries, Austria, Roumania, Croatia, Poland have their own recipe of this beef stew. Goulash is a meat ragout with garlic and paprika and is served with bread dumplings but in many tourist restaurants in Prague, this beef stew is served in a hollowed out loaf of bread.
Beef Goulash is the perfect meal for a cold day. Whether you eat it with dumplings, rice or pasta, serve it with a side salad as a warming winter dish.
Easy recipe for Czech Beef Goulash
* 500 g stewing beef
* 100 g bacon
* 4 large onions
* 2 tablespoons sweet paprika powder
* 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
* 2 tablespoons flour
* hot paprika powder
* sour cream
1. cut the meat into chunks
2. sauté the chopped onion and bacon
3. add the meat, brown it and sprinkle with the paprika powder
4. stir and pour on it a little hot water, add salt and stew until almost soft
5. boil off the liquid and sprinkle with flour, brown, add water and stew until soft.
6. season with marjoram, mashed garlic and hot paprika powder
7. stew for a short time
8. add a spoonful of sour cream
9. Serve with bread dumplings