Comparing Pros and Cons Discount Passes Prague
How to find the Prague City Pass that suits you best.
Prague Discount Passes offer instant entry to major museums and attraction. They remove the hassle of queuing up for popular attractions and handling foreign money. With free access to many attraction, and museums in Prague, City Passes help you save not only money but also time. The question is how to find a Prague Discount Pass that suits you best. If your stay is only for one day, it is much better to buy separate tickets for attractions. But if your holiday is longer City Passes ensure you hassle-free days. The big advantage of all City Passes is that you buy them online, have free entry to many museums, include a river cruise and discount vouchers.
Comparing Discount Passes
There are City Passes for Prague
How long are City Passes valid?
1. Prague Card: 2, 3 or 4 days. Validate your pass early in the morning because a 2 day card validated on Friday at 2pm ends on Saturday at midnight and not on Sunday at 2 pm (the same for 3 and 4-day cards)
2. Prague Pass: valid on the selected days of your visit to the attractions
3. Prague Visitor Pass: 48, 72 0r 120 hours.
City Passes and Pricing
1. Prague card: depends on the number of days, plus discount or students and children
2. Prague Pass: fixed price
3. Prague Visitor Pass: depend on the number of days
Free sightseeing tours and cruises
1. Prague Card: Historic Prague Tour, Venice River Cruise
2. Prague Pass: Vltava River Cruise
3. Prague Visitor Pass: guided tour Old Town and boat trip Little Venice
Information booklet and map
1. Prague Card: information booklet and map
2. Prague Pass: app with map and walking routes (can be used offline)
3. Prague Visitor Pass: app and digital city card
1. Prague Card: Prague Cool Pass with interactive guide to the attractions in Prague.
2. Prague Pass: app with description of more than 100 sights and map, walking routes
3. Prague Visitor Pass Card: included
Where and how to get your city pass
All passes are bought online.
1. Prague Card: Voucher by email, pick up your physical card at pick-up points (Charles Bridge, Florenc bus station, Wenceslas Square)
2. Prague Pass: by email
3. Prague Visitor Pass: by email
Advantages of a Discount Card
No hassle with separate tickets, no queuing for popular attractions, free entry to the many attractions and museums in Prague and discounts on a large number of selected city tours, canal cruises, restaurants and shops.
Disadvantages of City Passes
You will have to visit more than one museum or attraction to get your money’s worth. You will have to go to the museums, restaurants, shops etc included in the city pass. Free choice is somewhat limited.
The excursions and tours are constantly adapted to the wishes of the visitors and descriptions may differ slightly. Therefore, it is recommended to read the product description.